Via: Village Voice
Flush from the success of co-producing Eminem’s “Bad Guy” from the rapper’s platinum-selling The Marshall Mathers LP 2, the Australian-based producer M-Phazes has furrowed back into the New York City rap turf to team up with Sean Price for a new EP project titled Land of the Crooks. You can stream the first fruits of the venture exclusively here, as Sean Mandela drops his inimitable punchlines all over a dusky M-Phazes production that they’ve charmingly titled “Dump in the Gut.”
The full Land of the Crooks EP will drop on December 17th and comes complete with artwork inspired by the vintage ’80s flick Crocodile Dundee. Adding on to “Dump in the Gut,” the project also includes collaborations with Roc Marciano, Guilty Simpson and Loudmouf Choir (on the equally alluring “Bag of Shit”), plus a Small Professor remix and instrumental takes of the tracks to boot. Click here for M-Phazes Q&A with The Village Voice where he breaks down his creative tryst with Sean P.
How would you describe “Dump In The Gut”?
M-Phazes: It sort of reminds me of Monkey Barz, like the earlier Sean Price stuff where it’s half comedy and half I’m-gonna-fuck-you-up, you know? That beat’s been in the stash for a while and it just made perfect sense. It’s dope to have him rapping in that manner over one of my tracks.
01. Bag of Shit (feat. Loudmouf Choir)
02. Dump In The Gut
03. Land of the Crooks (feat. Billy Danze, Maffew Ragazino & DJ Babu)
04. Murdah Type Thinkin (feat. Roc Marciano)
05. Murdah Type Thinkin (feat. Guilty Simpson) [Small Professor Remix]
06. Bag of Shit (Instrumental)
07. Dump In The Gut (Instrumental)
08. Land of the Crooks (Instrumental)
09. Murdah Type Thinkin (Instrumental)
10. Murdah Type Thinkin (Small Professor Remix) Instrumental
11. Crookapella (Beat Kit/Scratch Stems)